Loughmacrory Angling Club hold the “Grand Finale” event…
Loughmacrory Angling Club held the “Grand Finale” event on Sunday the 11th October which was attended by representatives of Loughs Agency, Sport Northern Ireland, APGAI Ireland and the Irish Ladies Fly Fishing team who also held a qualifier on the previous day.
A short presentation was given by Chairman, Joseph Owens, and Secretary, Mark Tierney, on the success of “Our Angling Story” which was a series of 28 events held to introduce new participants to the sport of Angling. Speakers included Paddy Keenan of APGAI Ireland, Conleth Donnelly of Sport Northern Ireland and Jim Weir from Camphill Community, Clanabogan.
The Weigh Inn Angling Club held a boat competition which yielded a lot of fish to competitors and a shore competition organised by Lamdaa members proved very popular with quite a few rainbow trout banked.
APGAI Ireland provided expert tuition in both casting demonstrations and fly tying which went down well and even a couple of our own club members did some tying demos too.
The idea of the event was to celebrate the completion and showcase the skills learned by participants.
The club has grown a great deal in the past 12 months and will continue to develop for members and for the promotion of the sport of Angling in the area.
The Club would like to acknowledge the help of the following people and groups for making our year a “Great One” –
- Lionel Knobbs, Angling Development Manager in Loughs Agency
- Seamus Cullinan Area Inspector for Loughs Agency
- Mike McClure and Conleth Donnelly of Sport Northern Ireland
- Steven Lyttle of Rectory Lodge Trout Fishery
- Paul Graham of PMG Tackle
- Loughmacrory Community Development Association,
- APGAI Irelands Paddy Keenan, Keith Cole, Arthur Greenwood, Joseph Stitt, Ray McKeeman, Pat Hughes, Pat Mulholland, Peter O’Reilly, Christopher Bryant,
- Also Patsy Farley & John Devlin for there help.
Lastly but by no means least, A massive thanks to our committee who worked tirelessly in a voluntary capacity to deliver the 28 events and other events in such a professional manner.